Manage construction and mine site rehabilitation on the first attempt by using Spray Grass Australia's reliable, long term solutions tried and tested in Australian conditions.Read More
Rehabilitation is the process of repairing the damage done by mining and civil activity. It aims to return disturbed lands and waterways back to an acceptable standard by restoring ecosystem functionality and land productivity.
Revegetating with healthy, sustainable vegetation that supports existing ecosystems is the most efficient and effective way to meet environmental remediation requirements. It is becoming increasingly common for strict site remediation criteria to be a part of development and mining sites. After works have been completed, these areas must be returned to their natural state, or as close to this state as possible.
This is why a reliable, long term solution for cover crop growth and erosion control is so important. The choice of soil additives and plant species will generally need to be native to the area to have a better chance of thriving. Repeating the process a number of times before adequate growth can be successfully maintained is often costly and time consuming, so getting it right the first time is a priority.
Site rehabilitation involves careful analysis of your site’s requirements and condition to customise a solution that meets your goals. Our solutions can be used for land rehabilitation both during and after your projects to minimise risk and maximise success.Spray Grass Australia works with you to ensure your environmental remediation and rectification is cost effective and has the best possible chance of long term success.
- Return your site as closely as possible to its natural state.
- Achieve erosion control through natural means for a long term solution.
- Enjoy positive community relationships with a more visually appealing site.
- Access cheaper and faster spraying technology options for uneven, steep or inaccessible surfaces.
- Native plant species are selected for longevity and comparability with surrounding area.
- Monitor your revegetation success with our Rehabilitation Performance Monitoring option.
- Site rehabilitation involves careful analysis of your site's requirements and condition to customise a solution that meets your goals.
- Either hydroseeding or hydromulching can be used for site rehabilitation, with each process having its own benefits and requirements. More information can be found under the solutions heading.
- Site rehabilitation is a long term solution that requires after care attention and support. We provide you with professional and credible advice about how to set up your site for the best chance of success first time. We also provide Rehabilitation Performance Monitoring to ensure the ongoing success of your projects.
Getting the best results from a site rehabilitation or remediation project often relies on the combination of a variety of important solutions, dependant on analysis and understanding of your site and its requirements.
SGA use specialist Rehabilitation Performance Monitoring software which monitors the sowing quality, plant health and growth rate, the counted number and planned number of plants and provides plant disease analysis, pest detection, and water stress, allowing us to maximise growth efficiency.