Erosion Control Blanket
Erosion control projects present us with some of our most challenging work. There are substantial safety risks to staff in the installation of traditional erosion control matting products like shotcrete concrete matting, geotextilies, synthetics and Jute Mesh, particularly when there is a steep slope involved. After a great deal of research into the best erosion control products on the market, we have sourced a ground-breaking Australian designed and manufactured solution that allows safe and effective installation.Read More
Exhaustive field studies have shown that the solution we use outperforms most other erosion and sediment control products on the market today. We understand that one of the best ways to control erosion is by encouraging the growth of healthy and strong vegetation.
We utilise GeoSpray as our preferred erosion control product. GeoSpray is a synthetic erosion control blanket that features a flexible membrane that works to protect the soil surface from erosion. GeoSpray is a highly effective technique for the effective technique for the stabilisation of batters and is a true alternative for quicker and safer installation than conventional erosion control blankets such as Jute Mesh, Concrete Matting, Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mat (GCCM), Geotextiles, Geosythetics, Posi-Shell and Shotcrete.
GeoSpray’s advanced technology means that it will stabilise surfaces for up to 20 years, making it the ideal erosion control and stabilisation product for vertical walls, roadside batters, steep slopes, drains, and all substrates including compacted clay, rock, sand, sandy loam, dispersive soils, and any soils that are extremely difficult to manage and access.
- Installation is safe, effective and fast, with application taking hours, not days.
- Withstands moderate rain events just 4 hours after application.
- Eliminates erosion caused by water, rain or wind on all substrates.
- Can be effectively and safely applied to steep or inaccessible slopes.
- Is water repellent with the inclusion of a hydrophobic polymer.
- Drone Survey A 3D survey is undertaken to image map the area to a high degree of detail.
- Site Preparation Where required, earthworks are undertaken on the proposed substrate and emulsion is applied.
- GeoSpray Application Our highly trained technicians ensure the solution is mixed perfectly and applied evenly to deliver the best possible results.
- Post Project Monitoring Monitoring drones fitted with the latest scanning and imaging technology make sure the project is going as perfectly as planned.
Innovative scientific advances have allowed Spray Grass Australia to deliver effective and environmentally friendly erosion control blanket solutions across a range of industries within the civil division of Australia. Our products have been extensively tested and tried by soil scientists in Australia’s punishing conditions and shown to consistently outperform other methods.
GeoSpray can be used for temporary drains, steep slope stabilisation, to control sedimentation and can also be used as a ditch lining (to name a few). Its proprietary blend of minerals, interlocking fibers and specialty binders form a tough, resilient and flexible cover that binds and moves with the ground below it, eliminating cracking of the coating.