Hydromulching – Hydraulic Growth Medium
Damaged and depleted soils require more than conventional methods to achieve sustainable growth. Through the application of world-class growth mediums and scientifically based techniques, Spray Grass Australia has successfully revegetated Australia’s most punishing and remote areas.Read More
Spray Grass Australia revegetates using products that have been tried and tested under Australian conditions to support vegetative growth in even the most degraded soils.
An understanding of the harsh Australian conditions in conjunction with a scientific approach are the key to growing strong, healthy grass that stands the test of time. Similar to hydroseeding, hydromulching is a one-step process that uses water as a carrier to spray seed, fertiliser, tracking dye and a binder/tackifier onto the seedbed, but has the benefits of Australian-tested cellulosic Growth Medium mulches added to the slurry. Hydromulching provides a temporary layer of erosion control from wind and water until vegetation germinates, making it ideal for batter stabilisation. It is important to note that hydromulching is not hydroseeding; hydroseeding is simply a method of applying seed and does not provide extra protection against erosion.
Hydraulic Growth Mediums (HGM) work to hold moisture longer to support faster vegetation growth while minimising erosion. The innovation of this product means that they are highly effective in all climate types, even after sustained periods of rain and are able to be sprayed on uneven surfaces and rough seedbeds.
- Scientifically Proven Tested and proven in the lab by leading agronomists, horticulturalists, microbiologists and soil scientists.
- Faster Growth See faster growth while minimising erosion with organic wood fibre mulch.
- Immediate Erosion Control Rely on sustainable solutions that provide lasting erosion control effectiveness once applied.
- Weed, Pest & Pathogen Free Our solutions are free from weeds, pests, diseases and pathogens to protect the environment and project success.
- Superior Performance When used in conjunction with EnviroSoil topsoil alternative.
- Guaranteed Results Utilise scientific soil analysis and preparation for the best chance of revegetation success.
To help soil and revegetation projects thrive, we use growth mediums that consist of organic materials, soil conditioners, bonded fibres and other growth additives that replenish soil with everything it needs to support healthy, long term growth.
Thanks to our understanding of soil microbiology, we can also include microorganisms as part of your solution. Microorganisms encourage healthy soil and long-term growth by breaking down dead plant and animal matter into simpler substances that vegetation can use.