Seeding large areas of sloping and uneven terrain can be a costly and time consuming process. Hydroseeding is an efficient technique used to cost-effectively revegetate large areas that include steep slopes, delivering lower prices per hectare than other techniques.Read More
Hydroseeding is the hydraulic application of water, seed, fertiliser and the option of growth supporting additives utilising purpose built hydroseeder trucks to provide environmentally friendly and safe revegetation of large areas.
Hydroseeding can revegetate and cover a vast area very quickly and represents a scientifically advanced way to revegetate compared to other conventional methods including direct seeding and drill seeding. It can be used to revegetate areas that are difficult and/or dangerous to access, as well as moderate slopes with the addition of a binder, making the task of providing erosion control for verges or soil stockpiles much easier. Binders form a hard crust and work to bind soil to the seed, preventing erosion, increasing water retention and promoting faster germination of seeds.
It is important to note that hydroseeding is not hydromulching – it is simply a method of applying seed and will not offer erosion protection until vegetation establishes. Hydroseeding solutions are best used on larger areas of quality soil. We determine the existing soil characteristics through a soil analysis to tailor the fertiliser used to the specific site, ensuring quality and long lasting growth.
- See exactly where the treatment has been placed and the extent of the coverage by using a dye.
- Reach areas that are inaccessible to traditional seeding techniques.
- A binder can be added to the mix to prevent seed being carried away by overland water flow.
- A combination of seed, water, tracking dye and fertiliser are added to Spray Grass Australia's hydroseeder tanks. The mixture is constantly agitated from within to ensure even distribution. A tackifier may also be used to help stop seed loss and retain moisture on steep slopes and batters.
- This mixture is then sprayed on the soil surface using a large, high-pressure water cannon or extended hose, with different spray patterns depending on requirements. We pay careful attention to where and how the seed is sprayed to ensure proper coverage is being achieved.
- We have sourced some of the most knowledgeable minds within the industry to ensure that our expert staff provide you with comprehensive advice to achieve your revegetation goals. Each project is unique which is why we provide a tailored Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and Quality Plan to provide you with assurance.
The long-term soil-building benefits of a biologically-active soil conditioner can be added to the hydroseeding mix. It can be applied to flat areas, batters and slopes that are less than 2h:1v, stockpiles and mounds.
We use innovative techniques grounded in science to deliver effective, environmentally friendly revegetation, dust suppression and erosion control solutions for Australia’s mining, oil & gas, civil and infrastructure projects from WA to Victoria and at job sites across the country.